Tuesday 11 March 2014

PR placement dilemmas

The first problem I have encountered is that I'm supposed to be doing a telephone interview with a person who could not be located!!

I rang twice last week, the first time the receptionist told me that she had worked there for 9 years and had never heard of this woman. She told me to ring back in an hour because there was a woman who might know but she was in a meeting. I rang back in an hour. The woman had finished work. Grrr...

I rang again today and the receptionist knew who I was talking about!! Hooraaaaay BUT this woman was a coach driver and was driving around, so I have to call back in 15 minutes in the hope that she's there and available to take my call. Wish me luck guys...

My second dilemma is that my boss has invited me to go to a business networking breakfast. It's at 6.15am in the city. The buses are irregular at the time, so I would either arrive around half an hour early or 15 minutes late. Plus goodness knows what time I'd have to get up to make it. AND it'd be extremely nerve-wracking I'm sure!

On the other hand it might be a good experience and if I say no I might seem disinterested (although my boss assured me it's totally fine if I can't/don't want to attend).

What do you guys think?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super busy and exciting! I think it is an honor that your boss invited you to the breakfast and that it would be worth getting up early--you never know when you'll get another opportunity like that, right? Whatever happens, I wish you the best of luck!

    -Riley XO
    smilesnomatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete