Friday 14 March 2014

Healthy eating

So I did a big food shop yesterday and decided that now was the time to start eating healthy.
I think as a student it's easy to shove something frozen in the oven for 20 minutes and eat it but often the nutritional value just isn't there.

I forgot to take pictures which is pretty stupid of me but today so far I have eaten:

Strawberries with blueberry yoghurt (a natural one, not filled with fat and sugar)
A tuna salad wrap

I feel good about myself knowing that the things I'm putting into my body are good for me and ideally I'd like to lose around 5lb as I've put on weight since coming back to university. I've also been trying to actively consume less meat as I'm aware of the atrocious conditions most animals live in and as a result the contents of my fridge, freezer and cupboards are officially meat-free.

I'm not saying I'll be a strict vegetarian forever, odds are it'll be tricky, especially with a meat-loving family, and to be honest I haven't fully committed myself to kissing meat goodbye forever but even if I only eat meat one day a week it's still better than eating it almost every day.

Quorn has been my savior. When I do fancy something meaty I find quorn really fills that hole. I had a "chicken" curry last night and it was fab.

I can't commit fully to healthy eating right now because unfortunately I'm ill with a chesty cough and I feel like I've swallowed a razor. The only thing alleviating my symptoms is ice cream, and Ben & Jerry's was on offer... it'd be rude not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment