Thursday 13 February 2014

Here we go again

Decided to give this thing a whirl again after God knows how many years (3 or 4 I think). Google+ has sure made it more difficult than it once was.

I don't have a great deal to say.

I secured a placement with a PR company so should be starting work on that anytime soon which'd be great because I'd actually like to have some hope of getting a job I enjoy after graduating. No disrespect to anybody, but I'd rather not be a receptionist all my life...

Really unsure what to do for 'V Day'. I'm supposed to be going to a traffic light party where the colour you wear advertises your availability. I wanted to go for orange (can be persuaded/it's complicated). Typically, the outfits I have are green (totally up for it) and red (you haven't got a hope in hell son). I could go as green however I have visions of being approached by many horny, desperate boys, who are bound to assume I am in the same state as them, which frankly I'm not. Being single after 4 years is absolutely great and whilst I'd maybe be open to dating someone super special, I doubt I'm going to find them at a Valentine's traffic light party.

This leaves me with option 2) stay in, get a takeaway, and watch horror films or something of the like. Strictly NO rom-coms. I'm just not that sadistic. However the problem with this is that my flatmate thinks she'll end up depressed, which won't exactly be great for my mood.

Whilst in relationships I thought V Day was a big chore, but now I'm single it's even MORE of a chore. Who'da thunk it?

UPDATE: there was a huge storm so my flatmate and I ordered Domino's takeaway - you know the Winter Survival Deal with 2 large pizzas, garlic pizza bread, twisted dough balls and wedges? Yeah, that one. Naturally we saved a pizza for dinner the next day. We spent our evening watching The Hangover followed by The Purge, and I'd say it was a night well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment